Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm Back!







I feel a lot better now. For some reason I couldn't sign into my blogger account yesterday to post anything and I kind of started to freak out! There was so much to post, but nowhere to post it! Anyway, I'm back in and everything is going to be okay. Only now I can't remember what was so important...


Tuesday- We had a very nice visit from longtime pavilion sponsor, Pioneer Brand/C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. on Tuesday. Julie Lyssy (pictured above) and three of her co-workers & I toured the pavilion and then ventured out to the fairgrounds. We ate Fletcher corny dogs, toured the new car pavilions and watched a birds of the world show. And then it was time for me to head back to the pavilion. They continued to roam the fairgrounds on their own the next couple of hours, and upon their arrival back to the pavilion, what do you know, they were eating yet another corny dog! Two in one day! They could definitely justify it because they won't have the opportunity to eat another corny dog for an entire year.


Wednesday (A) - We had a not-so-nice visit from a State of Texas Department of Health Compliance Officer (see picture above). The officer received a complaint phone call about a GO TEXAN company that has product in the General Store that is missing a USDA label or State of Texas meat inspection label. After much debate, it was determined that the product was not required to have such labeling. It's never boring around here!


Wednesday (B) - Here are a couple pictures of the TDA gift basket Jodi arranged for the charity youth auction event the State Fair is having tomorrow evening (I never realized that she was such a perfectionist - in a good way.). It looked so good and had so many great GO TEXAN products in it that both of us wanted to take it home!




No comments: